Please find below links to the descriptions of the RICS Survey Services (Levels 2 and 3)
Please also find below our Standard Terms of Engagement and Complaints Handling Procedure
Standard terms of engagement
Confirmation of Appointment – this is to confirm that Keith Perry Chartered Surveyor (referred to as "we" and "the surveyor") has been appointed by you. These terms of engagement and our covering email set out the terms upon which we shall deliver the service to you.
2. The service – we provide the standard RICS Home Survey Level 2 or RICS Home Survey Level 3 (‘the service’) as described in the ‘Description of the RICS Survey Level 2’ and the ‘Description of the RICS Survey Level 3’ (links above), unless you and the surveyor agree in writing before the inspection that the surveyor will provide extra services. Any extra service will require separate terms of engagement to be entered into with the surveyor. Examples of extra services include:
• costing of repairs
• schedules of works
• supervision of works
• detailed specific issue reports; and
• market valuation (after repairs)
3. The surveyor – the service is to be provided by an MRICS member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, who has the skills, knowledge and experience to survey and report on the property.
4. Before the inspection - you tell the surveyor if there is already an agreed or proposed price for the property and if you have any particular concerns (such as plans for extension) about the property.
5.Terms of payment – you agree to pay the surveyor’s fee and any other charges agreed in writing.
6. Cancelling this contract – nothing in this clause 6 shall operate to exclude, limit or otherwise affect your rights to cancel under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 or the Consumer Rights Act 2015, or under any such other legislation as may from time to time be applicable. Entirely without prejudice to any other rights that you may have under any applicable legislation, you are entitled to cancel this contract in writing by giving notice to the surveyor’s office at any time before the day of the inspection, and in any event within fourteen days of entering into this contract.
7. Liability – the report is provided for your use, and the surveyor cannot accept responsibility if it is used, or relied upon, by anyone else.
8. Retention of Documents - we will retain all files and documents for a reasonable period which will in any event be not less than 6 years after completion or termination of the service. These are securely stored and available for future inspection.
9.Audit of files - as an RICS regulated firm, external organisations may conduct audit or quality assurance reviews on our practice. Your file may be subject to monitoring and we will need to provide this to the RICS upon request in accordance with RICS Rules of Conduct for members.
10.Referral Fees - we do not pay a referral fee or equivalent to any party who may have recommended us. Nor do we receive any fees from parties we may suggest are used, for example to conduct gas, drainage or electrical tests.
11. Execution or Acceptance of The Terms - you accept our terms of engagement by virtue of your agreement given in writing to the survey instruction.
12. Insurance - appropriate Professional Indemnity Insurance is maintained by the surveyor at all times.
13. Health and Safety - the surveyor will always follow the latest government advice on physcial inspections post Covid 19.
14. Data Protection - all information collected and stored conforms to data protection legislation and GPDR. We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office.
Note: These terms form part of the contract between you and the surveyor.
This report is for use in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
Complaints handling procedure
If there is any aspect of our service with which you are not happy please contact us. We operate a Complaints Handling Procedure, details of which are available upon request.