1. Who we are
Keith Perry Chartered Surveyor is a property surveying business based at 17a High Street, Hucknall, Nottingham NG15 7HJ, UK. You may contact us by telephone on 07971545332 or by email at email@example.com .
Our activities include:
• liaising with:
o current, prospective and past survey clients;
o solicitors, insurers, other professionals;
o relevant public authorities; and
o relevant suppliers;
• carrying out surveys on residential and commercial properties
As a small firm, we are both data controller and data processor.
2. What personal information we may collect about you
• Your residential or commercial postal address;
• Your full name or your initials and surname;
• Your home, work and mobile telephone numbers;
• Your email address;
• Contact details of anyone authorised to act on your behalf (if applicable);
• Updates to any of the above, as they change over time (if applicable); and
3. How we may collect your personal information
• You may provide (or have provided) personal information to us by completing a “Survey Enquiry” form.
• Also, we may correspond with you (and you with us) by post, email or if you visit our website: www.keithperrycharteredsurveyors.com .
• Further, you may provide personal information over the telephone, if you telephone us or if we telephone you, whenever there is a property survey matter to discuss.
• We may obtain personal information from a third party (such as your solicitor, e.g., at the point of purchase or sale of a property), your accountant or other professional adviser.
Note: We do not hold any of your bank or other payment account details.
4. What processing we do with the personal information collected
The personal information which we obtain from you is used:
• to communicate with you.
We may arrange for photographs to be taken of property exteriors or interiors in connection with repair requirements, but these will only be used for those purposes.
The purpose of our holding this data is solely to facilitate efficient contact with you for the purpose of conducting Property-related business, or providing you with services or information which you have requested. This use is considered lawful under Article 6b under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) legislation.
5. Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with third parties, including other professionals working alongside us in the proper conduct of our survey work, e.g., maintenance contractors, solicitors, accountants, and insurance brokers.
We may also share your personal information with third parties if we find ourselves under a formal duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We may also exchange information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Where personal data is stored
• Information is held in electronic accounts systems on personal computers at our offices plus a laptop and mobile phone device to which only our principal (Mr. Keith Perry) has the passwords. All devices are fire-walled and have Webroot Anti-virus Software.
• Our documents and emails are handled by Office 365.
7. What we will not do
• We do not involve ourselves in any marketing which uses personal information relating to you.
• We will not send you unsolicited marketing material.
• We will not sell your personal information on to third parties.
• We will not pass any of your personal information on to unrelated third parties unless we are allowed or required to do so by law, or we have your explicit permission to do so.
• We will not transfer or store your personal information outside the control of the UK/European regulations.
• We will not hold or process your personal information after 7 years from the date when you last interacted with our firm.
8. Your rights
• You have the right to request a copy of the personal information which we hold about you. We will respond within one month of receiving your request. In respect of any such request that is unreasonable or excessive, we may either refuse to supply the information or we may make a nominal charge.
• You have the right to correct information that we hold.
• You have the right to be forgotten, though it is unlikely to be possible to accept your request if, for example, we have a legal duty to retain and continue to process your information.
• You have the right of ‘data portability’, i.e., to move, copy or transfer your personal information to another organisation or to you.
• You have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority, i.e., the Information Commissioner’s Office (ico.org.uk)
9. Data breaches
We will always do our best to ensure that your personal information held by us is never stored or processed in a way that may be compromised or intercepted. However, no form of data security or processing is completely infallible. So in the event of our identifying that a data breach has taken place, we shall contact any person who may have been a victim of that breach immediately after discovering it.
10. Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice was last updated on [5th December 2019]: any changed version will be identified at the foot of this page. We will notify you separately of any future material change in a future version. You are encouraged to visit our website at URL: http://www.keithperrycharteredsurveyors.com/ from time to time to make sure that you are aware of the current version of this Privacy Notice.
Original published on [25 May 2018]
Changed on 31 May 2018
Changed on 18 June 2018
Changed on 5 December 2019
Changed on 4 February 2020